planning for loved ones receiving funding from the


1. I have a family member (spouse, sibling, child) that is receiving ODSP payments. do I have to make a special plan for them?

It depends. If that family member will need their ODSP payments after you pass away and you want to leave them an inheritance, then yes, you will need to make a special plan for them in your Will. There is a special type of trust, called a Henson Trust, that can be included in your Will to make sure that that family member continues to receive their ODSP payments while also receiving an inheritance from you.